Knowledge is Power!
We want our customers to have the knowledge of what is in our products so we've decided to list everything out for you and including their properties. We haven't cut any corners and only use premium All Natural and Organic ingredients while still keeping our costs low. Here's a list of the ingredients we use in our products:
The carrier oil is a type of vegetable oil that has been derived from a type of nut, kernel, or seed of a plant. Every carrier oil will provide a unique therapeutic effect.
- Organic Jojoba Oil: Will give your beard hair a soft and smooth feeling. It absorbs into the hair and skin very well and is excellent for any with dry or damaged looking beard hair. An interesting (though hopefully irrelevant piece of information for your beard needs) property of jojoba oil is that it is a natural fungicide. It kills fungus and is good at controlling mildew. (USDA)
- Organic Sweet Almond Oil: Sweet almond oil is best known for its ability to re-condition, soften, and sooth hair and skin. It absorbs fairly quickly, but can leave a slight hint of oil in your beard. (USDA)
- Non-GMO Fractionated Coconut Oil: Fractionated coconut oil is great at protecting the beard hair and helps retain moisture. It will condition your beard, protect it from damage, and help it to grow.
- Grapeseed Oil: Grapeseed oil is non-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, fights against wrinkles, fights acne, and helps control dandruff.
- Organic Argan Oil: anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, moisturizing, anti-aging. (USDA)
- Organic Shea Butter: Shea butter is incredibly nourishing and moisturizing for skin. It is often used to remedy dry skin and to help protect the skin’s natural oils. Reduce skin inflammation and even potentially help avoid skin mutations. This also makes it beneficial for some people with acne. Shea butter aids in the skin’s natural collagen production and contains oleic, stearic, palmitic and linolenic acids that protect and nourish the skin to prevent drying.
- Kokum Butter: Owing to the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, Kokum Butter heals, soothes inflamed and damaged skin, while it promotes healthy skin cells. Kokum butter is also ideal for scalp treatments to promote strong roots, strengthen hair follicles for healthy hair growth.
- Organic Beeswax: Used as a stiffening agent in our balm. (USDA)
- Vitamin E: Contributes to an increase in blood flow, which makes it easier for you to grow facial hair. It will make your beard hair softer and easier to groom. Don't forget about the antioxidant properties as well.
- Organic Castor Oil: Has been known to improve hair growth, increases circulation and fights skin disorders and infections. (USDA)
- Organic Moringa Oil: Moringa oil has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. When applied topically to the hair, moringa oil softens, shines, and repairs split ends.(USDA)
- 100% Pure Essential Oils
- Many of the essential oils we use are also organic, approved by the USDA.
- Perfume grade fragrance oils (Some profiles only contain essential oils, while others use a combination of essential & fragrance oils to achieve a more multi-dimensional scent profile).
Bottles and Tins
We make sure that ALL of our containers are steam sterilized before filling them with amazing Barbu Beard oil or balm.
- How often can I use beard oil? -As much as you like.
- How much beard oil should I use at a time? -3-4 drops ,depending on the length of your beard you could add more.
- Will I get a rash if my skin is sensitive? -Always test ANY beard oil prior to using it on your beard for allergic or adverse reactions. Place a few drops on the inside of your elbow and wait some time to see if you react negatively to it.
- How long will a bottle last me? -With daily use about 2 months.
- I've just started growing my beard, do I need beard oil this early on? -YES, the more you nourish and moisturize your skin the healthier your beard hair will grow.